Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Almost There, Christmas Edition

Last year in December I blogged about finishing 2 placemats from a long-time work-in-progress. I wrote in that post about how the pattern is from 2013, the fabric 2014, and it took me until 2016 to finish 2 of the 4 placemats (and let's not even talk about the table runner). I'm happy to report that the set made it to 4 finished placemats this year, just in time for Christmas.


It was wonderful to use all four of these at once over the holidays, especially when we had family visiting. I particularly like how festive they are but that each is slightly different due to randomly mixing the patchwork fabrics.


My goal for next Christmas is to finally finish the table runner so that I will have a complete set. Not that my table is larger enough to fit the table runner and 4 placemats on it, but finishing is a goal in and of itself. As I've already machine-sewed the binding into place onto the table runner and now just need to handstitch it down, it's looking very likely that this long term project may finally get finished for Christmas 2018.

No comments: